June 1, 2009

Beat.Box.Bay.Bay.

I was looking around the wonderful world of YouTube, when something told me to search for beatboxing videos. Dope stuff. For those of you who don't know what beatboxing is, according to Wikipedia.com (the greatest thing since sliced bread) it's basically "a form of vocal percussion which primarily involves the art of producing drum beats, rhythm, and musical sounds using one's mouth, lips, tongue, voice, and more". Beatboxing started in the 80's by hip-hop artist, one of the first to originate the artform being Doug E. Fresh. Beatboxing today is still a major influence on hip-hop music in general and the community of beatboxers is alive and strong. Check out more on the history of beatboxing at Humanbeatbox.com.



I was always fascinated by the art of beat boxing and I admit that I sometimes practice it just for fun (in private of course). But my skills are no where near close to the amazing talents that I came across.

Check these out:

Rahzel, one of the masters of beatboxing...



This guy is the truth!



And of course one of the originators, sir Doug E. Fresh. Love this vid...



A M A Z I N G...

No comments: