June 27, 2010

30 Day Letter Challenge - Dear Best Friend...(Day 01)


Dear J,

You are my oldest friend. We've been friends since you were 3 and I was 4 years old. I was the shy, chubby new girl on the block, and you were a wild and carefree little thing. Opposites from the very beginning. We've seen each other through a lot...a fire, a divorce, and so much more. And although we don't talk or hang out as much as we used to (you have your babies, and I have...me), I want you to know when I look back on the life that I lived so far, most of the happiest moments include you. Sometimes I wish you knew that you have a thriving spirit inside of you that will carry you through the darkest of nights. It has gotten you this far, so trust in it.

Like a sister, you are someone who I know will always be in my life no matter what, and just knowing that makes me smile. I'm here always.

Love,
"Vinissa"

2 comments:

OB said...

that's too sweet and that pic is too cute!!

NV Torres said...

Thanks LaLa :) That polaroid pic was taken the night of my 16th birthday. It was a memorable day. I have this pic hanging on a wall in my bedroom. The car freshener is there as a symbol, meaning "our friendship is fresh to def", haha.