July 5, 2010

30 Day Letter Challenge - Dear Internet Friend...(Day 08)

Dear K,

I think you are a great writer. And I've always told you not to worry, if continue writing and NEVER stop, you will get to where you want to go with your writing. But you have to be patient, disciplined, and willing to work at it even in those moments where you feel discouraged. You already know I've been there and you have helped and supported me in those times when I needed inspiration and a push.

You are young, talented and smart. This journey of finding your voice in poetry isn't going to be easy. I think it will never get easy. But you already have the talent and drive to keep going. I always expect greatness from you, and I'm happy to have witness your growth in the past three years. You came a long way from the Writer's Cafe. You are a great friend.

Love,
NV

No comments: