February 26, 2010

Now Available: Northside Cries & Lullabies by N.V. Torres

Northside Cries and Lullabies is the second collection of poetry and prose by poet N.V. Torres. The book is a poetic exploration into the growth and struggles of a woman living on the northside of Philadelphia.

Excerpt:
"Once upon a time, I was in love with the world and the world was infallible in my young eyes. War and Crime were not guest at my tea parties. Inequity was irrelevant. On summer afternoons in the omnipresence of chaos, drugs and violence, I was a little girl sitting on hot pavement - ants in my hand as they wandered the mounts of my palm. According to my 6 year old self, all was good in the world. Sometimes I feel like I will never see that little girl again."

Northside Cries & Lullabies (2010)
ISBN: 978-0-578-05067-6
Goodbye Publishing House
Paperback, 113 pages

Now Available on Lulu.com! Click the link for a preview!

Also, I decided to open an account on Formspring.me so you guys can submit any questions you may have about NC&L. Check it out! And I opened a NC&L Fan Page on Facebook! Make sure you add it! Shouts to everyone who already added themselves as fans :)

My next steps are to...

*Set up a few readings
*Promote, Promote, Promote!
*And maybe plan a small book release party? We'll see :)

I want to thank everyone who has helped me make this book happen...you all know who you are. Enjoy the book. It is not only 110% all me, but its also a dream come true to be able to leave my mark and produce something that will be around long after I'm gone. I'm humbled and proud. Gracias.

No comments: