July 7, 2010

30 Day Letter Challenge - Dear Someone I don’t talk to as much as I’d like to...(Day 10)

Dear S (aka Reesecup),

I don't think I've ever told you how amazing you are. Well, here is my chance to tell you. Since I was eleven, you have been a streak of positive light in my life. You have a love for life and adventure that I've never seen in anyone. Even after all that you've been through, you still manage to keep a smile, playful attitude, and generous heart. At times I wish I was more like you. I've always admired your strength and wisdom. You taught me the true meaning of friendship. Because of you, I've learned to love life a little more. I learned to appreciate the little things. Because of you, I've learned how to take in those special moments. I'll never forget the blizzard of '96, singing along to your mom's Green Day Dookie album, and the late night Snick adventures. Some of my happiest memories include you. There are times when I want to go back, but you've taught me how to cherish the memories and move forward.

The last conversation we had in May made me realize how much I really miss talking to you. It's crazy how we can just pick up like nothing and ignore the months in between. You already know I don't need to pick up the phone to let you know I am thinking about you. I think about you all the time. And I know you think about me. I know I will have you forever, and for that I am grateful. I can't wait until we hang out again.

Love always,
Vanessa (aka Caramel)



No comments: