January 22, 2011

Honey. I'm thirsty.

I was watching the movie White Men Can't Jump the other day.
This is my favorite part in the movie...


Gloria: Honey? My mouth is dry. Honey. I'm thirsty.
Billy: Umm... [ Water Runs ] There you go. honey.
Gloria: When I said I was thirsty, it doesn't mean I want a glass of water.
Billy: It doesn't?
Gloria: You're missing the whole point of me saying I'm thirsty. If I have a problem. you're not supposed to solve it. Men always make the mistake of thinking they can solve a woman's problem. It makes them feel omnipotent.
Billy: Omnipotent? Did you have a bad dream?
Gloria: It's a way of controlling a woman.
Billy: Bringing them a glass of water?
Gloria: Yes. I read it in a magazine. See, if I'm thirsty, I don't want a glass of water. I want you to sympathize. I want you to say. ''Gloria. I, too, know what it feels like to be thirsty. I, too, have had a dry mouth.'' I want you to connect with me through sharing and understanding the concept of dry mouthedness
Billy: This is all in the same magazine?

;-)

1 comment:

Nikkeya Murguia said...

jajajajaj that was so funny! Sounds like something i would say to my boyfriends... i love to nag at him for whatever!