July 1, 2010

30 Day Letter Challenge - Dear Parents...(Day 03)

Dear Mom,

There are no words to describe my love for you. You have supported me through everything, and if not for you, I wouldn't be able to do half of the things I have done. Every thing I do, every decision I make is meant to make you proud.

I often think back on my childhood and replay those moments where you sacrificed and worked hard to take care of all of us. The moments where you struggled to keep our family afloat. I recognize it mom, and I thank you. We didn't have the best things, and life wasn't exactly like the lives of those on those family TV shows we used to watch, but it was the best life that you could provide for us. I wouldn't trade a second of it.

Thank you for giving me your name. I try every day to wear it with pride because I know you gave it to me for a reason. One day, the whole world will know it, and we will shine together. I love you.

Love,
Your daughter Nilsa Vanessa

~---------------------~

Dear Dad,

Read this.

Love,
Vanessa

No comments: